We are proud that our founder Wolfgang Renner has been nominated for this year’s ballot for the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame in legendary Marin County. The Marin Museum of Bicycling and Mountain Bike Hall of Fame honors all the great pioneers who have made the mountain bike what it is today. Wolfgang Renner was one of the first manufacturers who completely embraced the mountain bike outside the USA, but he has done much more as a journalist, adventure traveler, race organizer and 3D-photographer. Read more about what makes Renner a worthy nominee here: https://mmbhof.org/wolfgang-renner/
Just a few highlights:
- When Europe still was devoid of mountain bikes, Wolfgang Renner created the first purpose-built MTB for the German market, the CENTURION Country
- As a journalist for German “TOUR ” magazine, Renner initiated the first articles and two special issues about mountain biking, which inspired the founding of German “BIKE Magazine” in 1989, still one of the world’s leading publications about mountain biking.
- His crossing of the Alps for the first time on mountain bikes in 1989 together with Andi Heckmair sparked the whole “Transalp” movement as well as the famous Transalp Challenge stage race
- When in 1990 officials of the German cycling association BDR were reluctant to hold a German championship, being an official himself, Renner just announced and organized one himself
- He also organized some of the very first mountain bike races in the Alps in 1985/86
- His travels across the Himalayas, to Africa and South America in the 80s and 90s helped define the character of the mountain bike as a tool for adventure
- As a journalist, 3D-photographer und advocate, Wolfgang Renner has promoted the mountain bike over the years on many levels
To vote, please visit https://mmbhof.org/mtn-bike-hall-of-fame/votingopenfor2017/
The voting is open to everyone who signs up for a one year membership, costing 30 $ only once.
All our racks – especially our own one strut design – provide a perfectly integrated...
Our new low step through bike with a mountain bike character proves to be a sensation right at the...
Among bike photographers, Daniel Geiger counts to the stars of the scene. A friend of CENTURION for...